Finca El Bejuco, Chilamate, Sarapiqui, Heredia, Costa Rica
• Price: $482,000 ($2.31 per square meter)
• Property Type: lowland rainforest ecological reserve with house
Finca El Bejuco offers the luxury of nature as it can be found only in the biologically richest habitat on Earth; the lowland tropical rainforest. Where roads go, rainforests disappear for miles in every direction, thus Finca El Bejuco is rare in that through historical accident, the rainforest persists up to a major road, with municipal water and telephone and electric lines. It may be the most accessible lowland rainforest in Costa Rica.
Ideal for an ecotourism business offering a rainforest hike or walk, or if you just want to live close to nature.
- 20.86 hectares (51.55 acres) of mostly primary lowland tropical rainforest
- 8 room screened-in house designed for the climate: three bedrooms, one full bath, large living room, one sealed air-conditioned room, large kitchen, and laundry room. Designed and constructed to be expanded with a second floor, and is thus suitable for a major renovation into a much larger structure more suitable for a B&B.
- A connected adjacent outbuilding with two half baths. Small outbuilding housing well and pressurized water system.
- Fruit trees and plants: orange, papayas, cacao, banana, coconut, guanábano, mango, nance, jocote, yellow gusbavana, pineapple, and others
- Other botanicals: Banisteriopsis, Psychotria, Virola, Anadenanthera, Brugmansia
- Flora and fauna typical of Sarapiquí (located 2.1 miles from the famous Organization for Tropical Studies biological research station, Finca La Selva, which has inventoried the local flora and fauna
- Diverse forest habitats: swamps, springs, streams, hills, valleys, rock faces
- Extensive trail system (see map) with raised paths through swamps and bridges over streams
- Contiguous with extensive areas of protected forest, located in the narrowest passage of the Mesoamerican Biological Corridor (Wikipedia) and the San Juan-La Selva Biological Corridor.
- Road frontage, electric lines, municipal water and well water, telephone lines
- 150 m to the Sarapiquí river
- Walking distance, ~500 m, to supermarket
- Located in the center of the small rural community of Chilamate, Sarapiquí, Heredia, Costa Rica,
“Finca El Bejuco”
“Lugares del Bejuco”
“Construyendo Mi Casa”
“Finca El Bejuco 1984-1990”
Contact: Tom Ray, firstname.lastname@example.org, 405-203-0703