The Tico Times is an English-language online media organization based in San José, Costa Rica. Founded in 1956 by Elisabeth Dyer and a group of Lincoln School students, we offer a unique perspective on the news in Costa Rica and the world. For half a century The Tico Times established itself as the leading source of English-language news in the region, first as a weekly print newspaper, and later as a Web-only publication.
The Tico Times is free to access, and our business is supported by advertising. Our mission is to continue The Tico Times’ legacy of quality reporting, environmental coverage, community news and quality photography, while adding more multimedia content and technological tools.
We always have been, and remain, a Costa Rican company.
Phone: +(506) 4000-0838.
To share editorial ideas, comments or news tips, please email Katherine Stanley Obando, Editor, email@example.com
For sales or for more information about our upcoming special print edition, click here, call +(506) 4000-0838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To place a classified ad, please call +(506) 4000–0838 or email email@example.com.
- 1981: IAPA-Pedro G. Beltrán Award for distinguished service to the community
- 1985: Special Citation, Maria Moors Cabot Awards
- 1990: National Conservation Prize
- 1995: IAPA Grand Prize for Press Freedom
- 1998: Salvation Army Others Award, National Tourism Chamber Media Award
- 2015: The Alberto Martén Chavarría Award for best journalistic work in the area of social responsibility, American-Costa Rican Chamber of Commerce Social Responsibility in Action Awards