US community college fair features low-cost study options
Want to study in the U.S. but think it will be too expensive? The Costa Rican-North American Cultural Center (CCCN) is hosting a community college fair on Friday, aimed at showcasing lower-cost options for higher education in the U.S.
Representatives from 15 community colleges will be at the fair on Friday, which runs from 5 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the cultural center’s San Pedro branch.
The Commercial Section of the U.S. Embassy and the CCCN’s EducationUSA office are organizing the event. Admission is free.
Community colleges offer careers in areas such as business administration, engineering, nursing, mathematics, robotics, graphic design, science and technology, among others.
All of those participating in the fair are accredited and offer annual tuition fees ranging from $6,000 to $14.000.
Participant community colleges are:
- Berkeley City College, California
- College of Alameda, California
- College of the Canyons, California
- Georgia Highlands College, Georgia
- Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, Florida
- Indian Hills Community College, Iowa
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College, Michigan
- Laney College, California
- Merritt College, California
- Moraine Valley Community College, Illinois
- Northampton Community College, Pensilvania
- Santa Fe College, Gainesville, Florida
- Shoreline Community College, Washington
- Snow College, Utah
- Wallace State Community College, Alabama
You may be interested
Costa Rica confirms measles cases in children of United States citizensAlejandro Zúñiga - March 21, 2019
Costa Rica is enacting a National Surveillance Protocol after confirming two cases of measles, the Health Ministry announced Thursday afternoon.…
Priest accused of sexual abuse arrested trying to leave Costa RicaAFP and The Tico Times - March 21, 2019
A Costa Rican Catholic priest accused of sexual abuse of a minor was arrested Thursday as he tried to leave…
Construction to begin on new terminal at Limón AirportAlejandro Zúñiga - March 21, 2019
The airport in Limón will soon have a modern passenger terminal and is slated to receive several other upgrades as…