Blues legend B.B. King in new health scare
LOS ANGELES, California – U.S. blues legend B.B. King said Friday he is being treated under hospice care at home in Las Vegas, in the latest health scare for the 89-year-old.
TMZ, which published a photo of the musician looking frail and hooked up to medical equipment, said there is a dispute over his care between his daughter and long-time manager.
His daughter Patty King believes King is being abused and called police Thursday to resolve a row over whether he needed to be hospitalized, according to TMZ.
King’s manager Laverne Toney, who has power of attorney over the legendary artist, refused, leading his daughter to call police. Officers called paramedics, who agreed he needed to be checked out.
He was briefly treated in hospital, when the TMZ photo was taken, it said, adding that his daughter claimed he had suffered a minor heart attack.
King has lived with Type II diabetes for more than 20 years. In October, he was taken ill during a show. He was diagnosed with dehydration and exhaustion and cancelled the rest of his tour.
Earlier this month he was hospitalized overnight for dehydration stemming from the diabetes, according to The Los Angeles Times.
Known as the “King of the Blues,” Mississippi-born Riley B. King is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and has been ranked among the greatest guitarists of all time.
With more than 50 albums under his belt, King is known for hits such as “Three O’Clock Blues”, “The Thrill Is Gone” and “When Love Comes to Town” with Irish rockers U2 in 1989.
You may be interested
The Tico Times Weekly Digest: Jan. 21, 2019.Alexander Villegas - January 21, 2019
An attack in Nicaragua, our Puerto Viejo Deep Dive and a new Sele squad. These stories and more in this…
Venezuela military group arrested after call to disavow MaduroAFP - January 21, 2019
A group of soldiers rose up against Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro at a command post near Caracas on Monday, but…
Prominent anti-Ortega journalist seeks refuge in Costa RicaAFP and The Tico Times - January 21, 2019
Nicaraguan journalist Carlos Fernando Chamorro, a critic of Daniel Ortega's government, announced on Sunday that he has decided to leave…