7 smartphone photography tips
The digital revolution has created tools that can help anyone take great photos, even with a mobile phone. Here are some tips for achieving great photos with your smartphone:
1. Get close to your subject. Avoid the digital zoom, as the optical quality is horrible. As a last resort, shoot and then crop the image.
2. Try different angles. If you have the chance to shoot the subject several times, vary the angle and composition. Shoot verticals, horizontals, crouch to get lower angles, climb on chairs or other objects to get higher angles.
3. Keep your lens clean. Your pocket and hands might get the lens grimy. Use soft cloth or a shirt should do the trick.
4. Pick a better camera app than the one your phone provides. I like Camera Awesome, Camera+ and Snap Seed. They offer better options for more controlled shooting. Whichever is your pick, spend a little time getting used to it.
5. Edit your images carefully, don´t over filter them. Retro/washed out Instagramy filters are done by every other smartphone user. Balance color, crop slightly, used brightness/contrast control with moderation. A bad photo won’t improve much by over processing.
6. Be critical of your work. Choose your photos carefully. Don’t bore your Facebook friends to death with 100 photos of the same beach, no matter how gorgeous it was.
7. If your phone has panorama capabilities, try it out, not only horizontally but vertically, too.
Happy shooting and share your photos on our Facebook page!
You may be interested
UN Committee Against Torture concerned by prison overcrowding in Costa RicaLuis Fernando Cascante / Semanario Universidad - March 20, 2019
A United Nations committee expressed its concern regarding the high rate of incarceration in the country's prisons. The committee in…
The Tico Times on Radio Dos: Community organizes to fight firesThe Tico Times - March 20, 2019
Did you hear The Tico Times on Radio Dos this morning? The Tico Times has teamed with Radio Dos to…
Venezuelan diplomat in Costa Rica accuses Guaidó-appointed ambassador of usurping embassyAFP and The Tico Times - March 20, 2019
The diplomatic representation of Venezuela in Costa Rica accused in court the ambassador appointed by Juan Guaidó of usurpation after…